Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Male Mentor


Dean Karnazes is superhuman. He's the guy that ran 50 marathons in 50 states on 50 consecutive days. He's also the guy that ran a full 48 hrs on a treadmill in NYC in attempt to break the world record of 240 miles. (Unfortunately, he fell short at 211). Dean won the Badwater Ultra-marathon (that's the 134 mile race in 120 degree heat - Death Valley) as well as numerous other ultra-marathons across the country. I could go on and on about this guy. I'm sure I will have more postings about Dean, because he is just so interesting to follow. The man is crazy! If you love to run, you must read his book "Ultra-marathon Man: Confessions Of An All Night Runner." And if you're lacking a little willpower, I guarantee his book will give you this insane desire to go outside and run a marathon
tomorrow.

"Somewhere along the line, we seemed to confuse comfort with happiness."
- Dean Karnazes on pushing himself to the limit.